Raisins look very simple and unpalatable with their aged appearance and dry texture but they are one of nature’s healthier alternatives to those sugar-rich manufactured candies and sweet products. green raisins are succulent, moist and chewy. They are perfect for cooking, baking and snacking. You can add them to kheer, ice creams, cakes, bread and muffins to get their rich flavor. They are rich and concentrated sources of energy, vitamins, electrolytes, and minerals. Raisins are rich in carbohydrates, minerals and vitamis. They are valuable food when taken with milk.THey supplement each other as the milk contains sufficient protein and the raisins, sugar.Raisins add nutritious value and taste when added in salads. They are also used in bakery and confectionary and widely used in preperationof jams, jellies, cakes, puddings and pies.
• Grapes when dehydrated to produce raisins make the nutrients more concentrated and making it richer in iron, B vitamins and potassium.
• Raisins provide relief from constipation, acidosis, anemia,fever, and sexual dysfunction.
• Raisins help to promote weight gain in a healthy manner.
• They contain considerable amount of iron which directly helps in treating anemia and high copper content helps in formation of blood cells.
• Raisins contain polyphenolic phytonutrients which have antioxidant properties which is advantageous for many forms of ocular disorder.