Pistachios are one of the oldest edible nuts and are commonly used all over the world. They are drupe, where the fruit has a large seed in the center, which is edible. The nuts of pistachio are not seasonal and are available all year long. They can be bought from almost any grocery store. Pistachios can be crushed partially or finely as desired. It can be done with either using a mortar and pestle or a grinder. This can be a great addition to any sweet or savoury food items.these nuts form part of a healthy, balanced diet: sprinkle the pistachios on yoghurt, hot or cold cereal, or in cream cheese spreads for sandwiches and crackers. Add chopped pistachios to your favourite bread, pancake, waffle or muffin recipe or snack on them between meals.
• Pistachio is a high source of unsaturated fatty acids
• Pistachio is high in protein content, as high as 20gms protein in 100gms of pistachio.
• Pistachio is high in fiber, vitamin K, phytosterols, potassium, vitamin B-6, β-carotene, and lutein, zeaxanthin, selenium and several antioxidants like γ-tocopherol, β-carotene, lutein, selenium, flavonoids, and phytoestrogens
• Pistachio helps in metabolic conditions like obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
• Pistachio is known to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disorders by reducing LDL cholesterol and increasing HDL cholesterol.