Cloves are the aromatic flower buds of a tree. They may might be tiny, but cloves are giants when it comes to nutrition and natural health.They are packed with vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are absolutely essential for the body.Not only do they have health benefits but they have various uses it has in the culinary and medicinal world. They add a sweet and earthy taste to desserts, stews and meats. But aside from their use in the culinary world. It also has potential benefits as a digestive aid, skin care product and an aromatherapy oil. Topically applying clove bud oil can address warts, acne, sagging skin and wrinkles, too.
• Antioxidant, antiseptic, local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, rubefacient (warming and soothing), carminative and anti-flatulent properties are the active principles in clove.
• According to Ayurveda cloves are very effective in developing and protecting the immune system.
• Cloves control the growth of oral pathogens, hence proving very effective for oral health.
• Cloves help in reducing headaches.
• Clove is rich in flavones, isoflavones and flavonoids which help in preserving bone density and the mineral content of the bone.