Fenugreek seeds or Methi as commonly called are small, roughly angular, brownish yellow seeds, which have a pleasantly bitter flavour and strong aroma. The seeds are often toasted to enhance their pungent aroma, and then powdered alone or with other spices. In Indian cuisine, fenugreek seed is a common ingredient in curry powders and pickle powders. It is also used to temper various vegetable and dal based dishes to enhance the aroma and taste. Fenugreek seeds retain their flavour for years. Being low in moisture, they can be stored in an airight container for over an year.
• Methi seeds help to cure upset stomach, constipation and inflammation of the stomach.
• Methi eases heart conditions like hardening of the arteries and high blood levels of certain fats, including cholesterol and triglycerides.
• Methi helps to reduce mouth ulcers, boils, bronchitis, tuberculosis etc.
• Methi is promotes milk flow in lactating mothers.
• This spice increases appetite and exercise performance.